I am so impressed by our staff and students! This morning Mark Williams, our illustrious 8th grade science teacher, approached me with a proposal from some kids to sell cupcakes to help Haitian earthquake victims. Then a few minutes later, Alyssa came by the office with an idea she dreamed up. Her idea is to sell tickets to students for a Dress Down Day with the proceeds going to earthquake relief.
I met with Taylor Student Council officers and sponsor this afternoon and we worked with Alyssa's idea. As we discussed it, we expanded it until we arrived at the following:
1. Students may purchase a ticket next week during lunch for $3 which will allow them to have a dress down day on Monday, January 25.
2. Students may also purchase a ticket for "Hats On for Haiti" for $2 to allow them to wear hats on January 25 too.
3. Student Council members are developing the tickets and fliers to publicize the event.
4. Council members will sell tickets next week during lunch.
5. All funds will go to the Red Cross.
My thanks to our awesome students and teachers who see a need and take action to alleviate it.